The Law Firm of Hannan & Seddon dates back to September 1867.
The firm’s offices were in Werita Street from 1867 until 1982 when the firm moved to Tarapuhi Street and then to its current spacious premises at 61 Guinness Street in 1998.
The name Hannan comes from Mr Michael Hannan whose son John Hannan (Jack) joined the firm in 1908. Jack Hannan remained in partnership until he passed away in 1974 at the age of 90!
The name Seddon comes from Mr T E Y Seddon (son of Premier Richard John Seddon from Kumara) who joined the firm in the 1920’s. The other prominent Solicitor at Hannan & Seddon was Cyril McGinley who joined the firm in the late 1920’s and retired as a Consultant in 1997 aged 87.
Currently we have two Partners within our firm. Tony Sullivan who has been with us for 32 years and Colin Smith, 27 years. The firm also has Solicitor Charlotte Becker and Legal Executive Leanne Coburn.